The Union Government of India launches different schemes from time to time with specific objectives. These schemes aim at benefiting the poor, economically backward, rural people, or vulnerable sections of the society. They address the social and economic welfare of the citizens of India.
Generally, the meaning of a scheme is a plan, design, or program of action involving many people which is formulated by the government. A union government scheme means a scheme formulated by the Government of India. The different Ministries of the Government of India have launched various government programmes known as schemes or Yojana.
The schemes launched by the Government of India are either Central or State specific schemes. Some of the schemes are also implemented through a collaboration between the Centre and the States.
The schemes launched by the Ministries of the Central Government of India are the Union Government Schemes. These schemes play a crucial role to solve the socio-economic problems prevailing in the country. They help to uplift the vulnerable sections of the society by providing basic and necessary facilities to them.
Objectives of the Union Government Schemes in India
There are several different schemes launched by the different Ministries of the Union Government. Each scheme has its own set of objectives. But the main objective of these schemes is to provide social, financial and economic welfare to the citizens of India. The general objectives of the social-economic and financial schemes are –
- Provide social security measures such as pensions, insurance, maternity benefits, housing etc.
- To improve the quality of the life of the people.
- Upliftment of the poor.
- Development of rural and backward areas.
- Reducing the economic inequality between different sections of society.
- Empower women for their better participation in society.
- To provide employment opportunities.
- To provide education and training to the weaker sections of the society.
- To provide financial security to the vulnerable sections of society.
- To provide financial assistance to women, small businesses and weaker sections of society.
List of Union Government Schemes for Individuals and Businesses
There are different schemes launched by the Union Government of India. Some schemes aim at providing socio-economic benefits to the individuals. Some schemes aim at providing financial assistance to the businesses. The list of prominent schemes launched by the Union Government is as follows –
- Atal Pension Yojana
- Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All (UJALA)
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Grameen Kaushalya Yojana or DDU-GKY
- Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Swamitva Yojana
- ASPIRE Scheme
- Atal Innovation Mission
- Credit Guarantee Scheme for Startups (CGSS)
- Midday Meal Scheme
- Multiplier Grants Scheme
- Skill India Mission
- Startup India
Benefits of Union Government Schemes for Individuals
There are many schemes launched by different Ministries of the Union Government for the benefit of the citizens of India. The schemes for individuals mainly focus on the vulnerable sections of the society such as rural and urban poor households, women, SC and ST, senior citizens, domestic workers etc. Each scheme concentrates on providing different socio-economic or financial welfare to the people.
The government schemes are beneficial to individuals for obtaining training and employment opportunities. Some schemes help in availing loans at a minimum rate of interest, opening a bank account for individuals, availing financial assistance to meet expenses of an individual, obtaining insurance and enrolling for pension by paying a minimum amount…Read more>>