To renew your driving license, you no longer need to visit the RTO office. The Government of India now allows you to renew your driving license through an online portal that offers all the driving license-related services from applying for a new learner’s driving license to renewing your current driving license. There is also an Aadhar eKYC that enables you to save the efforts of filling in the details in the form. If you are wondering how you can renew your driving license online, all you need to do is follow the below guide.
How to Renew your driving license online
1. Go to the official website of the Parivahan board https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
2. Select “Apply Online” on the left side of the menu.
3. Click on “Driving license Related Services”.
4. Select the State from where the service is to be taken.
5. You will now be redirected to a new page
6. Click on apply online and then select Services on Driving License.
7. You will receive instructions on how to fill in your application form. Read them thoroughly before proceeding. Click ‘Next’ when you’re done.
8. Enter your birth date and current license number, pincode, and other details.
9. You will now come across “Required Services” which will display only those services which are applicable to your existing driving license. You must select “Renewal” from the given options.
10. You will be required to fill in any other relevant personal and/or vehicle-related details given in the form.
11. Upload your photo and signature. Remember, this feature is only available for certain states.
12. Book a slot for your test if there are changes in your medical certificate.
13. Once you follow all these steps, you will be redirected to an Acknowledgement page where you will be able to view your application ID (It is recommended that you print it). You will also receive an SMS on your registered mobile number with all the details.
14. The amount payable for renewing the Driving License is ₹200. Make the payment via net banking/debit or credit card.
We hope this helped you! Were you able to apply for renewing your driving license?